Day 1: Slough to Cowley Lock
Day 2: Cowley Lock to Croxley Green
Day 3: Croxley Green to Berkhamsted
Year of sleeping variously: canalside cabin edition
- Bed (4/5) - Loved the super-fluffy duvet.
- Room (4/5) - Cosy.
- View (2/5) - From the cabin we could only see the wintery garden, though obviously from the boat there was a nice view of the water.
- Facilities (4/5) - Nice, big, hot bath: always popular on long walks.
- Location (4/5) - Can’t complain about a spot right on the canal! It was pretty quiet, too, for what is essentially the outskirts of London.
- People (4/5) - Clearly in this case we have to count the delightfully friendly cat and dog as people.
- Food (3/5) - Tea on arrival and freshly squeezed juice for breakfast? Yes please!
- Value (4/5) - A step up from last month at Premier Inn, ha.
- Uniqueness (4/5) - Not only was it a cool location with breakfast on a boat, but it was nice to see how our host had modified and decorated the cabin and boat to suit her set-up.
- That indefinable something (3/5) - Rain pattering on the roof, birdsong in the morning and a cat to pat.
Canalside Cabin verdict: 72%